In the blog world it’s quite popular to do some sort of “dump.” A lot of bloggers do insta-dumps where they unload a bajillion instagram photos at once. Since I do that to you every Monday, I decided I would just ramble on forever about what’s rattling around in my brain.
You ready for this? It involves bullet points. ‘Cause all the cool kids are doin’ it.
- My life is totally grand. I love it. My lover is the funnest/funniest person I know and makes everything so much more enjoyable. Sometimes I get really blue, and he makes things so much sunshiney-er (that’s totally a word.) Lately he’s been concentrating on being more empathetic. I wish I could tell you he’s doing a great job. But I can’t. I’m too distracted by the fact that he’s trying to be more empathetic. It’s just so darn cute.
- I l.o.v.e. fall.
- Fall FAll FALl FALL!!!! (!!!)
- I am the worst friend keeper ever. Please help me be better at this. I really do a terrible job. I forget birthdays and I never call. I don’t really want to be that way, I just can’t help it. I’m thinking next year for a New Year’s Resolution I’ll be a better friend. Which is perfect because in May I’m leaving all my Fort Worth friends behind and it’s going to be terrible.
- Speaking of leaving, John is graduating in May. I didn’t clarify in this post so I just wanted to put that out there. MAY! We are moving on from school in MAY!
- Do you realize that May is just 8 short months away??
- I still hate wind. You can read about that in this post about how we went to Carlsbad Caverns. I made a reference to me looking like Angelina Jolie in that post. So you know it’s a good read. Also I hate rain. I’ve tried very, very hard to enjoy it but I can’t. All these people around me getting all excited about rain and I’m sitting my corner with my arms crossed all like “no.”
- I am so excited for the upcoming season in the life of this blog. I can’t wait for fall to get fully under way so you can meet the fabulous people I’ve asked to guest blog. I started asking people just this week to do me the honor of guest blogging. I know you’ll be excited to meet them all.
- Check out the first picture in this post. That’s the cake topper from my wedding. If you’ll notice it’s chipped. Let me tell you this story. I tried to build shelves myself. You know, because I handle power tools like a boss. They actually turned out quite lovely, and I had them so nicely styled. Then one day, I was in the kitchen, minding my own business, when I heard a terrible crash coming from the bedroom. I ran in to see what the commotion was, and there, on the ground, was my shelf. There also on the ground, were the shattered remains of my cake plate, a vase and *gasp* my cake topper! There was
crying the ugly crywailing and gnashing of teeth. I wept bitterly. And John wasn’t even there to empathize! Tragic I tell you. Simply tragic. My lover pieced himself (you can tell it shattered the leg of the groom) back together but it’s just not the same. The only thing that makes me feel any better is knowing it’s a family tradition. My mother’s is also broken. Missing a nose. Now that’s divine intervention! (Mom did you weep when dad broke yours?)
- Lately I’ve been on a mad hunt for a killer snickerdoodle recipe. I think my friend over at chargedtolove has a great recipe. I think she gave it to me one time. I think I lost it. Story of my life.
- I’m really ready for the elections to be over. I believe it’s important to vote, for your voice to be heard, and I am more than okay with some dialogue about the needs of our country and who the best man for the job is, but my facebook is totally boring. Apparently nobody had a life before now. What did everybody talk about before now? I can’t remember.
- Speaking of remembering, I remember 9/11. I remember where I was, in my parent’s basement doing my math work. I remember my mom explaining to me the significance of what was happening and the sadness of a world in desperate need of Christ. I remember gathering in the church that night to pray. My heart breaks more and more for the families of those who lost their lives that day. I promise I remember.
- I ran a 5k. A normal(ish) 5k. Not like the warrior dash that you can read about here. The kind where you keep your feet on the ground the whole time. Except there was color involved. More on that in the future.
- I gained a little bit of weight over the summer. I attribute it to no exercise and eating whatever I saw. My skirts don’t fit like I remember them fitting in the spring. Oops! Time to hit the gym!
- Um, FALL!!!
- I love fall.
- I’m beginning to be annoyed by own bullet points, so I’ll digress now. Thanks for browsing through my braindump. I have more, but that’ll just have to rattle around up there a little longer. ttfn!
- I. Love. Fall.