2013 you dirty rascal I can’t believe you’re over.
Seriously. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?
You’ve been an interesting year, I’ll admit. Just chock-full of both ups and downs. The ups: moving to New Mexico, lover graduating (hal-le-lu-jah), and announcing the impending arrival of our baby (girl).
The downs: who cares. This year started out rough, but is totally redeemed in hindsight. God has been very good to us, and we’re looking forward to whatever (good and
bad blessings in disguise) He has in store for us in 2014.
Okay but now on to my favorite part of every new year.
For reals guys and girlios I could come up with a million new year’s resolutions. They are my favorite thing. I love the feeling of re-launching and re-setting that the new year always brings. It’s like doing an overnight detox but for your schedule. I also love goal setting, whether short-term or long-term. At midnight on December 31st those things collide. A re-set, a new set of goals, and a whole new 365 days to make it or break it. Where is my soapbox?! And maybe a staff! I shall lead this revolution of good feelings and fresh starts!
Ehem, maybe not. I would probably be the only one charging the main street of town screeching about launching something and that could land me a night(s) in the crazy house.
Where was I?
Ah yes, the resolutions. If I share mine you have to share yours. It’s only fair.
1. Have a baby. I’m only about three weeks from having this one in the bag. Er, maybe in the bassinet. Baby girl is due January 20th and I intend on helping her decide to come on time in every way I can. Spicy cookies? Pass me that plate. Eggplant lasagna? Don’t mind if I do. Walking five hundred eighty six bajillion miles a day? It’s a worthy goal. Whatever happens, this is one new year’s resolution I highly intend to keep.
2. Lose the baby weight. I’m trying to think ahead here. This can’t start until after said baby arrives, but I’m resolving on it now so I have no excuses comes six weeks post-partum.
3. Study a new book of the Bible every month. This idea actually started cooking when a friend of mine posted this Thirty Days in Philippians 2 for Busy, Busy Mamas link on facebook. I feel like breaking something down into manageable month-long assignments will break up this big goal into 12 mini-goals. And I’m downright giddy about being someone’s busy, busy mama (see resolution #1) this year so I totally qualify for the Philippians 2 study. Giddy I tell ya.
4. Take an instagram photo every day. I wish so bad I had more photos of everyday life. The kind of photos where you can see the sink overflowing with dishes in the background. Or the laundry on the line. Or my pajamas. In 2014 I’m going to do it. So get ready for the un-makeuped (totally a word), cluttered, beautiful shots of my everyday life via instagram. And if you aren’t following me you need to head on over to this page and follow me right. now. or you might miss a shot of my houseshoes decorated with nail polish or my cat pajamas or the first minutes of baby girl’s new life. You wouldn’t want to miss that, now would you?
5. Complete one (biggish) pinterest project a month. I actually had this as a resolution a few years ago before I had a blog. I really enjoyed it, and it was a great motivator to do some of the bigger projects I wanted to do but was a little bit chicken about. Plus, I now have a craft room and can leave my projects out and in total disarray until they’re finished. At least I’m pretty sure that’s what my husband said. Another big plus here is that it will provide me with at least one blog post a month. And speaking of blog posts…
6. Set blogging goals and blog more. I love writing this blog. I love it a lot. I love it like Visa loves fees. Love. Love. Love. However, I struggle to always make time for it and I forget to take pictures of projects and I’m having a baby and…you get the idea. This year I want to do better. I want to set aside time to do this thing that I love, this thing called blogging. And I want to get better at it. So I’m going to sit down and set myself a new goal each quarter. I’m going to change things, research good blogging, blog more, learn about photoshop, connect with other bloggers, and so on. All because I love it.
7. Finish my wedding book, start my little girl’s baby book. I’m not even going to tell you how long we’ve been married. Too long for my wedding book to still be two-thirds unfinished, that’s how long. Now with baby girl’s arrival coming up quicker than a New Mexico train I need to finish my wedding book so I can make sure to capture and journal all her special moments in her baby book.
8. Print more photos. I don’t care if they get shoved in a shoebox somewhere, I need to print more photos so they don’t get lost in the black hole of a hard drive somewhere. In all reality I need to print, organize, and display more photos but this can just be a baby step for 2014.
9. Send more things. A repeat from last year, this is one I want to get really, exceptionally good at. Starting with making sure to always mail out thank-you notes in a timely manner and gradually moving towards birthday cards and packages, I want to do my part in keeping the USPS in business.
10. Get a NM driver’s license. Okaaay, sooooo. Still haven’t done that. Whoops.
Cheers to 2014! May it be better than we expect, full of family, fun, love, and maybe even a surprise or two.
Now that I’ve shared my resolutions (and made it to an even 10! OCD for the win!) you simply MUST share yours. I’m anxious to hear all about them. Except I’m a little nervous they will be better than mine and I’ll be all jealous and stuff. Be gentle with me, please!